Klopp’s cantankerous mood did not improve in his press conference later when his request for a show of hands from those who disagreed with him was met with the majority of the room responding.However, the German insists he was just offering a genuine response and has no regrets about how it played out.“I would give the same interview now,” he said. “The information I had to give would be the same but now I am completely relaxed, but it was five minutes after the game and I was not relaxed.”“It is nothing. I didn’t use any words I have to take back. I don’t like it but I am pretty sure I cannot change it because I felt like this in this moment and I am not an actor. I cannot act differently.”Klopp’s team selection — with Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino on the bench — came under scrutiny after Everton claimed a point, but he has been rotating his players for several weeks to keep them fresh during a busy period.Last year Liverpool fell apart in January, winning just one FA Cup game, as injuries scuppered an unlikely title bid. With Champions League football to contend with this season, Klopp is trying to avoid a repeat scenario.So far he has made 59 changes to his starting 11 this season. Only Manchester United in 2002 have made more in Premier League history at this stage of the campaign.“If we had the squad last year we would have done it last year,” said Klopp, set to make more changes for the visit of West Brom on Wednesday.“You cannot play the same 11 players all the time until four are injured and then you hope the other four who come in — who are quality but have no rhythm — will perform for you.“That is not likely.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Liverpool’s manager Jurgen Klopp said he was just offering a genuine response after a tetchy television interview © AFP/File / Paul ELLISLONDON, United Kingdom, Dec 12 – Jurgen Klopp admitted on Tuesday that he got caught up in the heat of the moment after Liverpool conceded a late penalty to draw at home with Everton.The Liverpool boss is known for his animated reactions but his behaviour came under extra scrutiny after a tetchy television interview minutes after Everton secured a 1-1 draw at Anfield on Sunday with a spot-kick he felt should not have been given.
To change the school’s location, Vladovic must return to the board with an alternate site by Dec. 11. If he doesn’t, the current favored site will regain the top position, Executive Officer Jefferson Crain said in an e-mail. The district’s chosen site – bounded by Avalon Boulevard, L Street, Broad Avenue and M Street – has met opposition from the community surrounding it, as well as Councilwoman Janice Hahn. The district has spent $4.3 million planning the project. Building the school would return the 1,385-student Gulf Avenue Elementary School to a traditional calendar from a year-round schedule. “What I’m trying to do is slow it down to make sure the community has had a chance to have a say,” Vladovic said Monday. “The only thing that’s not negotiable is we must have a school in Wilmington to relieve the overcrowding at Gulf.” Vladovic has said he favors a 700-student school on the site of a public storage facility at Pacific Coast Highway and Eubank Avenue. The district had initially said it would build 1,278-seat school. Changing the scope of the project could imperil funding earmarked to pay for it, said David Kooper, Vladovic’s chief of staff. A school approved for the current site in July 2006 would force out a Wells Fargo bank, Northgate Latino market, a beauty salon and several restaurants and homes. Jose Meza, who owns a five-bedroom home at Broad and M, welcomed the possibility of building the school at a different site. “They’re really taking away from the people who walk to the store for shopping and especially senior citizens,” Meza said. “The community is opposed to that.” Meza said the market’s offerings of prepared carnitas, tamales and chile verde are popular in the neighborhood. [email protected] local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! WILMINGTON: Trustee says neighbors haven’t had a say in the decision. New site must be found by December. By Paul Clinton AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CitySTAFF WRITER The Los Angeles Board of Education decided Tuesday to reconsider the location it previously had selected for a K-8 school in Wilmington. By approving a motion brought by trustee Richard Vladovic, the board will suspend work to bring the school to a block in the heart of the town’s commercial district. After heated debate, the board voted 4-3 in favor, with Marlene Canter, who represents Westchester, voting no. Board members Marguerite Poindexter LaMotte and Julie Korenstein also voted against the proposal.