Liverpool attacker Salah: I can repeat last season heroicsby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool star Mohamed Salah is hoping he can emulate his heroics from the 2017-18 season. The Egyptian attacker bagged an incredible 44 goals last season.”Of course, that makes me feel great, and makes me want to work harder and to continue performing,” he told GQ Middle East.”Because after that if your standards drop, people will not accept it. It’s a great feeling, but I don’t see it as more pressure.”For me it was, of course, a fantastic, historic season [in 2017-18] which I’m very proud of, but I’m looking for another one like it.”I’m not going to live off it. On the contrary, it made me more excited and determined for this season.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Video: Jason Whitlock Says Ciara’s Cleavage Shows She’s “Thirsty” From Not Having Sex With Russell Wilson
twitterYep, the article title here says it all. Jason Whitlock, who now works for FOX Sports after leaving ESPN earlier this year, joined Colin Cowherd on his radio show earlier Wednesday to talk about his issue with Ciara’s decision to wear a somewhat revealing dress during her singing of the National Anthem ahead of Monday night’s College Football Playoff National Championship. Kristine Leahy attempted to defend the pop star, but it was to no avail.Whitlock insinuated that Ciara showed cleavage because she’s “thirsty” – Urban Dictionary definition here – from not having sex with her boyfriend, Russell Wilson. Cowherd played [email protected] thought Ciara looked “thirsty.” @KristineLeahy defended her & @ColinCowherd wanted Mountain Dew. https://t.co/6HGJj10ih8— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) January 14, 2016Whitlock also claimed to like “thirsty women” and referenced a strip club chain in the segment.Somehow, we doubt Whitlock’s opinion will be a popular one.
TORONTO – Royal Dutch Shell is selling its stake in Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. for about $4.3 billion.The sale of more than 97 million shares represents Shell’s entire interest in Canadian Natural, a roughly eight per cent stake in the company.Shell said in a statement Monday night that proceeds from the sale will contribute to reducing net debt.The sale, which is being underwritten by Goldman Sachs, RBC Capital Markets, Scotiabank and TD Securities, is expected to complete on Wednesday.The energy sector on the Toronto Stock Exchange has gained strength in recent weeks as the price of oil has also climbed.Canadian Natural shares were down $1.45 at $43.85 in late-morning trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Tuesday.Shell acquired the shares last year when it sold most of its Alberta oilsands assets to Canadian Natural for $11.1 billion in cash and stock.The company said at the time that the deal would allow the company to focus on assets such as deepwater oil and gas that offer higher returns on capital. It said that oilsands mining and in-situ operations were no longer a strategic fit for Shell.In Canada, the company remains focused on its shale oil and gas properties in B.C. and Alberta, along with its refining and chemical businesses near Edmonton.Other foreign companies that have reduced exposure to the oilsands include Norway’s Statoil, Arkansas-based Murphy Oil and France-based Total SA.Cenovus Energy bought most of the Canadian assets of Houston-based ConocoPhillips last year.Companies in this story: (TSX:CNQ) (TSX:CVE)
BERLIN — Germany’s gross domestic product shrank in the third quarter of 2018, the first quarter-on-quarter decline since early 2015, which analysts said should be a wake-up call for Europe’s largest economy.The Federal Statistical Office reported Wednesday that GDP shrank by 0.2 per cent in the third quarter, in figures adjusted for price, seasonal and calendar variations, largely due to foreign trade developments.The office said exports were down and imports were up in the third quarter, while there were mixed signals from domestic demand.The drop followed increases of 0.5 per cent in the second quarter and 0.4 per cent in the first.ING economist Carsten Brzeski says signs point to a rebound, but that the data is “another wake-up call that political stability and strong growth are by no means a given.”The Associated Press
LONDON — The Latest on Brexit (all times local):3:40 p.m.British Prime Minister Theresa May says the delayed vote in Parliament on the Brexit deal between her government and the European Union will be held the week of Jan. 14.The vote was supposed to take place last week, but May cancelled it at the last minute when it became clear lawmakers would resoundingly reject the agreement.May is trying to win tweaks from the EU in order to win over skeptical lawmakers — although the bloc says no renegotiation is possible.May told lawmakers on Monday that debate on the deal would resume the week of Jan. 7, when Parliament comes back after its Christmas break. She said the vote would be held the following week.___10:10 a.m.Some members of British Prime Minister Theresa May’s Cabinet are urging the government to ramp up planning for a “no-deal” Brexit — a chaotic outcome that could see gridlock at U.K. ports, planes grounded and shortages of essential goods.Others are seeking to work with opposition politicians to find a way out of the morass.May’s supporters distanced themselves from media reports that senior figures in her government held talks with opposition Labour lawmakers aimed at holding another vote.But some Cabinet members say lawmakers from all parties should be consulted to find out whether there is majority support for any course of action.“We can’t just have continuing uncertainty and I think Parliament should be invited to say what it would agree with,” Business Secretary Greg Clark told the BBC.___9 a.m.Prime Minister Theresa May is set to condemn calls for a second referendum on Britain’s departure from the European Union, saying it would do irreparable damage to trust in democracy.In remarks released ahead of her speech in the House of Commons on Monday, May says that staging another referendum “would say to millions who trusted in democracy that our democracy does not deliver.”She’s also expected to argue that such a ballot would exacerbate divisions rather than heal them.May’s supporters distanced themselves from media reports that senior figures in her government held talks with opposition Labour lawmakers aimed at holding another vote.With time growing short toward Britain’s scheduled March 29 departure, it remains unclear whether the country will leave with a deal or crash out with no deal.The Associated Press
NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response of the NHAI and HSIIDC on a plea to ensure basic amenities, including toilets, petrol pumps, ambulance and emergency facilities, on the Eastern and Western Peripheral Expressways.A bench of Chief Justice Rajendra Menon and Justice A J Bhambhani issued notices to National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) on the petition and listed the matter for further hearing on August 26. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder The court was hearing the petition filed by advocate and social activist Amit Sahni that said no such facilities are available on Western Peripheral Expressway or Kundli-Manesar-Pawal (KMP) Expressway, which was made operational about two years ago, though thousands of vehicles cross it daily and pay the toll. The plea, however, said some of the facilities are available at Eastern Peripheral Expressway or Kundli-Ghaziabad–Palwal (KGP) Expressway, which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister in November last year. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsIt sought a direction to authorities to ensure basic amenities like petrol pumps, toilet complex, ambulance and emergency facilities, eateries and police patrolling on both KMP and KGP expressways. “Directions may kindly be passed that the wayside amenities be integrally planned and developed along with national highways and such amenities be made operational by the respondent (NHAI) for all its future projects before the commencement of toll collection on all such highways, in order to ensure safety and security of the commuters…,” it said. The plea mentioned that other national highways which are connected to Delhi have basic facilities like helplines for crane, ambulance, route patrol, emergency services, nearest police station and hospital.
Kathmandu: A total of 3,000 kilogrammes of solid waste has been collected from Mt Everest since April 14 when Nepal launched an ambitious clean-up campaign aimed at bringing back tonnes of trash from the world’s highest peak, which has lately turned into a “garbage dump”. The 45-day ‘Everest Cleaning Campaign’, led by Solukhumbu district’s Khumbu Pasanglhamu Rural Municipality began on April 14 with the Nepali new year and aims to collect nearly 10,000 kilogrammes of garbage from Mt Everest. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportDandu Raj Ghimire, Director General of Department of Tourism, informed at a press conference on Sunday that of the 3,000-kilogramme garbage collected so far, 2,000 kilogrammes had been sent to Okhaldhunga while the remaining 1,000 kilogrammes were brought to Kathmandu using Nepali Army helicopters for disposal. “Our team has now reached the Everest Base Camp for the cleaning campaign. All the necessary things including food, water and shelter have already been arranged there,” Ghimire was quoted as saying by The Himalayan Times. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protests”Under this campaign we will be collecting around 5,000-kg of garbage from Base Camp area, while 2,000-kg of garbage will be collected from the South Col region and around 3,000-kg will be collected from Camp II and Camp III area,” he said. Ghimire said the team will also bring down dead bodies from the Everest if they are able to locate any. This is the first time ever that all stakeholders have come together to clean up the world’s highest peak, Ghimire said. The team has located four bodies while cleaning the Base Camp. Ghimire said the Tourism Department estimates that around 23 million Nepalese rupees will be spent for the campaign. The d has estimated that at least 500 foreign climbers and over 1,000 climbing support staff will visit higher camps of Mt Everest this season as they prepare to scale the world’s highest peak as well as Mt Lhotse, the fourth tallest mountain, the report said. Every year, hundreds of climbers, Sherpas and high altitude porters make their way to Everest, leaving behind tonnes of both biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste – including empty oxygen canisters, kitchen waste, beer bottles and faecal matter – on the highest peak, which has lately acquired notoriety as the “world’s highest garbage dump”. “Our goal is to extract as much waste as possible from Everest so as to restore glory to the mountain. Everest is not just the crown of the world, but our pride,” Ghimire told reporters in Kathmandu. There have been attempts in the past to clean up Everest, including a 2014 government-mandated provision making it mandatory for every climber to come down the peak with at least 8-kilogramme of garbage – the amount of trash estimated to be produced by one climber. “If only climbers brought back their own waste, it would greatly help keep Everest clean. It’s not about the 8-kg waste, but bringing back the waste they produce,” Ghimire was quoted as saying by The Kathmandu Post. “Everything on Everest, other than rock and snow, will be brought back. The goal is to send the message that we should keep this mountain pollution free,” said Tika Ram Gurung, secretary of the Nepal Mountaineering Association.
New Delhi: The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) Tuesday allowed insolvency proceedings against Reliance Communication after the Anil Ambani-led firm withdrew a challenge to such a move. RCom will be admitted back to insolvency proceedings after the NCLAT allowed the debt-laden firm to withdraw its petition challenging a decision of the Mumbai-bench of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to initiate such proceedings. RCom had moved the application to withdraw its challenge to the insolvency order after its board felt insolvency was the best course after failed attempts to revive the firm. An NCLAT bench headed by Chairman Justice S J Mukhopadhaya ruled that moratorium on liabilities would start. Moratorium over “sale, transfer or alienate any moveable or immovable property” or “invoke any guarantee or mortgage or any other instrument” of RCom would continue as per the norms of the IBC 2016, it said.
Kolkata: United Group, an export house operating from Falta Special Economic Zone in Bengal, is setting up a new factory for the production of electric bicycles with an investment of Rs 25 crore. The company plans to roll out e-bicycles in the next three to four months from this new unit. The catalogue for the entire range of the e cycles was inaugurated by Deputy Mayor Atin Ghosh on Tuesday.”Environment friendly bikes and cycles are the need of the hour with vehicular pollution posing a serious health hazard in a city like Kolkata. The e-bicycles are being produced using advanced technology to ensure that they have good longevity,” Ghosh said. The e-bicycles which will be powered by advanced lithium ion battery and high-tech motors will be greatly beneficial for those interested in adventure sports with cycles. “Adventure sports with bicycles are very popular in Europe and is evoking great interest among the young generations in the country and Bengal too,” said MD of United Group Subir Ghosh. People from the urban areas are the prime target for these e-bicycles whose price will be in the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 3,000. The company has set a target of producing such e-cycles worth Rs 50 crore in the first year since its inception. United Group that already has its manufacturing unit at Falta exports bicycles mainly to Europeon countries such as Poland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Spain , Holland, Slovenia to name a few and also in Indian markets. The company has recently completed the tender of Delhi Police for MTB bicycles custom built to their colour choice, specification and logo. The first lot of 700 will be used as a green pollution free endeavour of Delhi Police.
Wrestling Coach Tom Ryan announced redshirt junior Nick Heflin, redshirt senior C.J. Magrum, redshirt junior Ian Paddock and redshirt sophomore Logan Stieber as the 2012-2013 team captains on Thursday. “Our team members voted for captains and I am proud of who they chose and why they chose them,” Ryan said in a press release. “Logan, Cody, Ian and Nick are all very special men on and off the mat. We all look forward to them leading the Buckeyes in the 2012-13 season.” Helfin was a team captain during last season, finished second in the 174 pounds weight class at the 2011 Big Ten Championships, fifth at the 2012 NCAA championships and was named a 2012 All-American. His career record as a Buckeye is 51-19. Magrum is a 184-pounder and retaining his captain role for the third season in a row. He has a 67-39 career record and has qualified for the NCAA Championships three times. Last season, Magrum finished eighth at the Big Ten championshps but did not compete at the NCAA championships because of injuries. During the 2010-2011 season Paddock was a captain but was redshirted last year. While at OSU the 141-pounder has qualified for the NCAA Championships twice and complied a 42-24 career record. Stieber received the All-Big Ten, Big Ten Freshman of the Year and InterMat Freshman of the Year after winning 2011-2012 Big Ten and NCAA Championship at 133 pounds. He was a three-time Big Ten Wrestler of the Week and holds a career record is 38-5. Also, Stieber competed at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Wrestling Trials last spring. The Buckeyes wrestling team voted for their captains and will start the season Sunday at the UB Invitational in Buffalo, N.Y.