Here’s a really close-up look at the new turf inside Boone Pickens Stadium.If possible it looks even better from this angle than it does from far away. h/t Chris DealIf you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers!
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Schalke centre-back Matija Nastasic excited by Man City reunionby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSchalke centre-back Matija Nastasic has welcomed their Champions League draw with Manchester City.Nastasic spent three seasons at City between 2012 and 2015:He said, “I’m pleased we have drawn Manchester City. “These will be two very special matches for me as I played for City before signing for FC Schalke 04. Consequently, I will get to meet a few familiar faces. We know how strong our opponents are but we will give it our best shot.”The tie also means a reunion for City winger Leroy Sane.
BURNABY, B.C. – The City of Burnaby is turning to Canada’s highest court in the dispute over construction of Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline.Mayor Derek Corrigan says the city intends to ask the Supreme Court of Canada to consider a lower court decision that denied Burnaby leave to appeal a ruling by the National Energy Board.That ruling allowed Kinder Morgan to bypass local bylaws during construction of the pipeline expansion, which will triple the amount of diluted bitumen and other oil products moving between the Edmonton-area and port facilities in Burnaby.Corrigan says the city has asked its legal counsel to file the appeal application within 60 days.He says in a news release that the Federal Court of Appeal did not give consideration to arguments made by Burnaby and the provincial government.The Federal Court of Appeal dismissed Burnaby’s application without reasons, but Corrigan says the judges should have explained why the provincial government was not being allowed to protectB.C.’s environmental interests.
RIO DE JANEIRO — Brazil’s president-elect is appointing a pro-market reformer to lead the state oil company Petrobras.The government’s Agencia Brasil on Monday confirmed the appointment of Roberto Castello Branco, a former director of mining company Vale.Castello Branco has advocated privatizing Petrobras, which would be unpopular in sectors that depend on subsidized pricing.Fuel prices set by Petrobras were at the centre of a major trucking strike earlier this year that brought Latin America’s largest nation to a halt.Castello Branco was a board member of Petrobras in 2015 and 2016. He is currently a professor at Fundacao Getulio Vargas, a university and business-focused think-tank .Castello Branco is a long-time friend of Paulo Guedes, expected to oversee widespread privatizations as the next finance minister.Bolsonaro’s administration takes over Jan. 1.Associated Press, The Associated Press
Kathmandu: A total of 3,000 kilogrammes of solid waste has been collected from Mt Everest since April 14 when Nepal launched an ambitious clean-up campaign aimed at bringing back tonnes of trash from the world’s highest peak, which has lately turned into a “garbage dump”. The 45-day ‘Everest Cleaning Campaign’, led by Solukhumbu district’s Khumbu Pasanglhamu Rural Municipality began on April 14 with the Nepali new year and aims to collect nearly 10,000 kilogrammes of garbage from Mt Everest. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportDandu Raj Ghimire, Director General of Department of Tourism, informed at a press conference on Sunday that of the 3,000-kilogramme garbage collected so far, 2,000 kilogrammes had been sent to Okhaldhunga while the remaining 1,000 kilogrammes were brought to Kathmandu using Nepali Army helicopters for disposal. “Our team has now reached the Everest Base Camp for the cleaning campaign. All the necessary things including food, water and shelter have already been arranged there,” Ghimire was quoted as saying by The Himalayan Times. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protests”Under this campaign we will be collecting around 5,000-kg of garbage from Base Camp area, while 2,000-kg of garbage will be collected from the South Col region and around 3,000-kg will be collected from Camp II and Camp III area,” he said. Ghimire said the team will also bring down dead bodies from the Everest if they are able to locate any. This is the first time ever that all stakeholders have come together to clean up the world’s highest peak, Ghimire said. The team has located four bodies while cleaning the Base Camp. Ghimire said the Tourism Department estimates that around 23 million Nepalese rupees will be spent for the campaign. The d has estimated that at least 500 foreign climbers and over 1,000 climbing support staff will visit higher camps of Mt Everest this season as they prepare to scale the world’s highest peak as well as Mt Lhotse, the fourth tallest mountain, the report said. Every year, hundreds of climbers, Sherpas and high altitude porters make their way to Everest, leaving behind tonnes of both biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste – including empty oxygen canisters, kitchen waste, beer bottles and faecal matter – on the highest peak, which has lately acquired notoriety as the “world’s highest garbage dump”. “Our goal is to extract as much waste as possible from Everest so as to restore glory to the mountain. Everest is not just the crown of the world, but our pride,” Ghimire told reporters in Kathmandu. There have been attempts in the past to clean up Everest, including a 2014 government-mandated provision making it mandatory for every climber to come down the peak with at least 8-kilogramme of garbage – the amount of trash estimated to be produced by one climber. “If only climbers brought back their own waste, it would greatly help keep Everest clean. It’s not about the 8-kg waste, but bringing back the waste they produce,” Ghimire was quoted as saying by The Kathmandu Post. “Everything on Everest, other than rock and snow, will be brought back. The goal is to send the message that we should keep this mountain pollution free,” said Tika Ram Gurung, secretary of the Nepal Mountaineering Association.
New Delhi: The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) Tuesday allowed insolvency proceedings against Reliance Communication after the Anil Ambani-led firm withdrew a challenge to such a move. RCom will be admitted back to insolvency proceedings after the NCLAT allowed the debt-laden firm to withdraw its petition challenging a decision of the Mumbai-bench of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to initiate such proceedings. RCom had moved the application to withdraw its challenge to the insolvency order after its board felt insolvency was the best course after failed attempts to revive the firm. An NCLAT bench headed by Chairman Justice S J Mukhopadhaya ruled that moratorium on liabilities would start. Moratorium over “sale, transfer or alienate any moveable or immovable property” or “invoke any guarantee or mortgage or any other instrument” of RCom would continue as per the norms of the IBC 2016, it said.
Kolkata: United Group, an export house operating from Falta Special Economic Zone in Bengal, is setting up a new factory for the production of electric bicycles with an investment of Rs 25 crore. The company plans to roll out e-bicycles in the next three to four months from this new unit. The catalogue for the entire range of the e cycles was inaugurated by Deputy Mayor Atin Ghosh on Tuesday.”Environment friendly bikes and cycles are the need of the hour with vehicular pollution posing a serious health hazard in a city like Kolkata. The e-bicycles are being produced using advanced technology to ensure that they have good longevity,” Ghosh said. The e-bicycles which will be powered by advanced lithium ion battery and high-tech motors will be greatly beneficial for those interested in adventure sports with cycles. “Adventure sports with bicycles are very popular in Europe and is evoking great interest among the young generations in the country and Bengal too,” said MD of United Group Subir Ghosh. People from the urban areas are the prime target for these e-bicycles whose price will be in the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 3,000. The company has set a target of producing such e-cycles worth Rs 50 crore in the first year since its inception. United Group that already has its manufacturing unit at Falta exports bicycles mainly to Europeon countries such as Poland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Spain , Holland, Slovenia to name a few and also in Indian markets. The company has recently completed the tender of Delhi Police for MTB bicycles custom built to their colour choice, specification and logo. The first lot of 700 will be used as a green pollution free endeavour of Delhi Police.
Auckland: India’s Saina Nehwal suffered a shocking first round loss to world number 212 Wang Zhiyi of China to exit the New Zealand Open here Wednesday. The 29-year-old Olympic bronze medallist and world number nine lost 16-21 23-21 4-21 to her 19-year-old opponent in the women’s singles match that lasted one hour and seven minutes. In men’s singles, Lakshya Sen’s campaign also ended with a hard-fought loss against Taiwan’s Wang Tzu Wei. Lakshya lost 21-15 18-21 10-21 in an hour and eight minutes. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju Earlier in the day, the pair of Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy fought hard against Chinese duo of Liu Xuanxuan and Xia Yuting before losing 14-21 23-21 14-21 in an hour and 10 minutes. But the men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy registered a win over New Zealand’s Joshua Feng and Jack Jiang 21-17 21-10. Saina, a World Championship silver medallist, trailed 0-4 in the first game and was unable to keep up with her opponent losing 16-21. Wang stretched Saina in the second game which the Indian won 23-21. There was no fightback from the Indian in the decider as Wang won eight consecutive points to win it easily. Anura Prabhudesai also lost to world number 15 Li Xuerui 9-21 10-21 in singles first round on a disappointing day for Indian shuttlers.
Brisbane: Australia coach Justin Langer has said that Steve Smith is in the “best physical condition of his life.” Smith showed ominous form in Australia’s practice matches against New Zealand scoring an unbeaten 91 on Friday to lead Australia to victory. This was after he had scored an unbeaten 89 off 77 balls in the previous match. Langer said one of Smith’s goals when he started serving his one-year ban following the 2018 Newlands ball tampering scandal was to return to the squad in better physical shape. The 48-year-old former opener said that Smith has certainly done that in his time out. “I think his skin folds are the lowest they’ve ever been and they’re talking elite level,” Langer told SEN. “I certainly slept a lot better last night. It warmed my heart to be honest. I actually watched him on the weekend, he had a nets session on Sunday night and I was sitting with a couple of coaches and I just said ‘How good is this kid’.” Langer said that Smith’s innings in the second practice match was a “tutorial in batting.” He also stated that David Warner, who is also returning to the squad after a one-year ban has done the same. Both players had recently undergone elbow surgery with Smith’s being a more serious case than Warner’s. “They’re in pretty good shape, they’re not throwing like Nathan Coulter-Nile or Jason Behrendorff at the moment or Glenn Maxwell, but they’re certainly working their way up to it and that’s good for us,” said Langer. While Warner was his typical ballistic self while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League, he was not able to translate that form into the practice matches. In the three games he scored 39, 0 and 2 with the first score coming when he went in one down.
New Delhi: Wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha is back in the scheme of things for India in the longer format after being named in the A squad for the West Indies tour comprising five one-dayers and three four-day games beginning July 11. The 34-year-old was India’s number one Test wicket-keeper until a career-threatening shoulder injury ruled him out of action for almost one year. Saha, who underwent a surgery in August last year, made his Bengal comeback with the Syed Mushtaq Ali and also played five games for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL which ended on Sunday. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuWith Rishabh Pant establishing himself in the Test team in his absence, Saha will have to prove himself to the selectors again. The four-day games against West Indies A will be played from July 24 and will be preceded by a five-match one-day series from July 11. The tour has been scheduled ahead of the Test series against the West Indies as part of the inaugural ICC Test Championship which begins right after the 50-over World Cup. The likes of Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal and Hanuma Vihari have been picked both in the one-day and four-day squad. Both the openers Shaw and Agarwal are expected to be picked in the Test squad for the West Indies series. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersShreyas Iyer will captain India A in the four-day games and Manish Pandey in the one-dayers. Test regulars including R Ashwin, Cheteswar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane and pacer Umesh Yadav have not been picked as they are likely to ply their trade in county cricket. The selectors also announced the squads for the home series against Sri Lanka A beginning May 25. Jharkhand wicketkeeper batsman Ishan Kishan will lead India A in the two four-day games in Belgaum and Hubli while Gujarat’s Priyank Panchal will captain the side in five one-dayers beginning June 6 in Hubli.