Facebook0Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Westport WineryAt the Seattle Wine Awards, Washington State’s most prestigious wine recognition program, Westport Winery earned a double gold medal for their 2011 Pinot Gris called Fleur de Lis. This wine was made from grapes harvested at Airfield Estates Vineyards in Sunnyside, Washington. A portion of the proceeds from this wine benefits Hoquiam’s 7th Street Theater.Westport also received a gold medal for their most popular red blend called Jetty Cat. This wine combines Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Franc. A portion of the proceeds from this wine benefits the Harbor Association of Volunteers for Animals (HAVA).To round out the event, Westport earned a gold medal on Maritime Moscato a lightly sparkling Muscat from Upland Vineyards in Washington’s Snipes Mountain AVA. A portion of the proceeds from this wine benefits the Northwest Carriage Museum.For Westport this adds their list of double gold awards for 2013 to six, exemplifying young winemaker, Dana Roberts’ efforts to place this parents’ winery in the top echelon of Washington wineries.Westport Winery and Vineyards By-the-Sea with the outdoor sculpture garden, grape maze, and bakery, is located on the corner of Highway 105 and South Arbor Road halfway between Aberdeen and Westport. Come see for yourself why Westport was named the 2011 Washington Winery to Watch by Wine Press Northwest, voted 2010, 2012 and 2013 Best Wine Tour by King 5 Evening Magazine viewers, and Best Wine in Grays Harbor by The Daily World.The winery, bakery, gift shop, nursery, and restaurant open daily at 11 a.m. with lunch offered daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Friday and Saturday, dinner is served from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and dinner reservations are recommended by calling 360-648-2224.
The Taylor Ladies Bonspiel is being held this weekend, beginning Friday, November 23 and wrapping up on the 25.Beginning Friday, November 30 will be the Taylor Mixed Cashspiel, which will conclude on Sunday, December 2.For more information on the Ladies Bonspiel, call Linda at 250-789-3479, and for the Mixed Cashspiel, call Murray at 250-789-3734.- Advertisement –
1 How did he miss that? Rising star Paulo Dybala guilty of shocking error in front of open goal. http://t.co/Hsb9CD9h17— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) February 8, 2015However, he is capable of scoring some absolute beauties… In the January transfer window, Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini valued 21-year-old striker Paulo Dybala at more than £31m.Considered one of Serie A’s rising stars, Dybala has scored 11 goals and created six in 21 games and Palermo expect to make a tidy profit on the young striker, who joined from Instituto de Cordoba in Argentina for £9m in 2012.His eventual transfer is likely to bring in the kind of cash they got for Javier Pastore when PSG paid the Sicilian club around £37m in 2011.The Argentine striker was linked with both Arsenal and Man United last month, but his boss claimed he would be going nowhere until the summer. Many foreign clubs asked after him, including Manchester United, Zamparini said.“I told the English side that he is not for sale right now, but we can talk about it again in six months. In my view, he is the best striker in Europe at the moment.”Dybala had a brilliant chance to add to his tally against at the weekend, but blasted the ball over the bar from two yards out in Palermo’s 3-0 loss. Argentine starlet Paulo Dybala shows why he has Manchester United after him with a beautiful free-kick for Palermo.https://t.co/hjQNbNTQaZ— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) February 1, 2015 Paulo Dybala, who has been linked with Man United and Arsenal, missed an open goal
Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Mutko told reporters after attending Sunday’s training sessions that players knew the importance of Tuesday’s showdown with the Pharaohs in Saint Petersburg.“The second game will be our most important one in the group stage,” said Mutko.“In the first match, everyone saw how much the players cared,” he said.“If we play up to our level, I don’t see any problems.”Mutko is the most powerful official in Russian football and a close ally of President Vladimir Putin.He oversaw a budget of more than $13 billion while spearheading preparations for Russia’s first World Cup at home.But he was forced to quit as football federation president in December because of his alleged role in running a doping programme that got Russia banned from last winter’s Olympic Games.Russian athletes who did take part competed under the neutral flag.Mutko still serves on the federation’s executive committee but was also stripped of his sports brief in a government reshuffle last month.Russia conclude the group phase against two-time world champions Uruguay on June 25.Two victories from their first two matches would guarantee Russia’s qualification for the knockout stage and a possible matchup against either Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal of high-octane Spain.A draw against Egypt would put extra pressure on Russia against Uruguay that they would rather avoid.Russia thumped Saudi Arabia 5-0 in their World Cup openerRussian players concede that Salah’s fitness will be a vital factor in Tuesday’s match.AFP reporters at Egypt’s training camp in Grozny saw Salah on Saturday requiring the help of teammates to pull on a top over the shoulder he injured in Liverpool’s Champions League loss to Real Madrid.Salah watched from the bench as Egypt succumbed to an 89th minute header by defender Jose Gimenez in a 1-0 loss to Uruguay on Friday.The team doctor nevertheless pronounced Salah “100 percent ready” to play against Russia.Russian forward Alexei Miranchuk admitted that Egypt were two different teams with and without their talisman, who scored 44 goals in an extraordinary first season with Liverpool.“Egypt’s game with Salah is different from the one they play without him,” the reserve striker said.“He is a good player who determines his team’s game. We will see what he is capable of showing against us.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Egypt forward Mohamed Salah was injured in the Champions League final and was an unused sub in Egypt’s first gameNOVOGORSK, Russia, Jun 17-One of the architects of Russia’s World Cup bid thinks the host nation’s upcoming clash against Mohamed Salah’s Egypt will be their most important of the group stage.Russia are coming off a rousing 5-0 opening match win over Saudi Arabia and are in prime position to qualify for the last 16 of a World Cup for the first time since the Soviet Union’s collapse.
ON THE AIR
1 Raheem Sterling in action for Liverpool Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers claims talks over a new contract for Raheem Sterling will wait until the summer.talkSPORT revealed the Reds youngster would turn down the deal currently on the table, despite Rodgers describing the offer as ‘incredible’.The 20-year-old has two years left on his current contract, and his lack of hurry to agree a new contract has seen Manchester City linked with a £50million swoop at the end of the current campaign.And, speaking ahead of the Premier League clash with Manchester United this Sunday, the Northern Irishman claims the matter will be dealt with this summer.“Not between now and the end of the season,” Rodgers said, when asked whether a solution would be found anytime soon.“It has been made clear by Raheem’s representative and the boy himself he just wants to concentrate on his football and see what can be resolved in the summer.“I am sure it will be resolved and the concentration for Raheem is now on his football and it is clear the terms of when those talks will begin again.”Manchester City and Real Madrid have both been linked with the Reds youngster, but Rodgers moved to quash suggestions Sterling could be set for an Anfield exit.“It is all speculation. It is something we can’t worry ourselves on,” he added. “The boy is happy here and I repeat if you have the interest of the kid and his football development at this stage of his career this is the best place to be.”You can listen to exclusive national radio commentary of Liverpool v Manchester United from 1:30pm on Sunday only on talkSPORT
CARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYIF only the sun would shine a wee bit more.Because when it does, we get to show off the best beaches in the world right here in County Donegal.And there more than 50 children and adults on Carrickfin beach yesterday, getting to grip with life on the ocean….aboard a surf board. Local photographer Brid Sweeney was there to capture the day.Enjoy her superb snaps!CARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEYCARRICKFIN SURFING – PIC BRID SWEENEY EVERYBODY’S GOING SURFIN, SURFIN CARRICKFIN! was last modified: July 21st, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:EVERYBODY’S GOING SURFINSURFIN CARRICKFIN!
1. John Ruddy – The former Norwich keeper is currently a free agent after being released by the Canaries at the end of the season. The Englishman spent seven years at Carrow Road and earned an England cap in 2012 following impressive performances in the Premier League. His stock may have fallen slightly but at 30 years of age Ruddy could still have plenty to offer should Brighton choose to recruit him. 3. David Marshall – Brought in by Hull City last summer for an undisclosed fee thought to be around £5million the Scottish international failed to deliver and was eventually supplanted as number one by Eldin Jakupovic. However, the Scotland international has proved his worth before particularly with his impressive performances for Cardiff City during their one-season stay in the Premier League. Should Marshall move to Brighton it could be the catalyst for him to recover that superb form. David Stockdale opted to leave Brighton – click the arrow above, right, to see who could replace him 2. Karl Darlow – While the 26-year-old was first choice at Newcastle United for much of their promotion-winning campaign the former Nottingham Forest man faces an uncertain summer. With Tim Krul returning to Newcastle, and rumours circulating that Rafa Benitez is looking to recruit Pepe Reina, Darlow could face a spell on the bench. The shot stopper is keen to prove himself in the Premier League and will not fancy becoming a benchwarmer so a move to Brighton could be an option. In a surprise summer transfer deal Brighton goalkeeper David Stockdale rejected a new contract with Chris Hughton’s side to become Harry Redknapp’s first signing at Birmingham City.The former Fulham keeper had been first choice, since signing for the Seagulls in 2014, and was key in the club’s promotion campaign last season.However, he has now opted against following Brighton into the Premier League and his decision means there is a number one goalkeeper vacancy within Hughton’s squad.So who could the club sign to be their new stopper?Scroll through the gallery above to check out the five candidates we think might be under consideration. 6 6 5. Joe Hart – Could Brighton be the way out of Manchester City that Joe Hart needs? It may have seemed mad in the recent past but options are closing fast for the 30-year-old who spent last season on loan at Torino. Everton looked to be the prime destination but they have agreed a £30million deal with Sunderland for Jordan Pickford. West Ham could still be a valid destination for Hart but Brighton may emerge as another option. After all who would have predicted Jack Wilshere at Bournemouth a couple of seasons ago? 6 6 6 6 4. Mathew Ryan – The Australian goalkeeper looks to be the most likely candidate for Brighton as the club are believed to have held talks over signing the Valencia man. The 25-year-old first caught the eye during his impressive spell in Belgium with Club Brugge. He earned a move to Valencia in 2015, but had to play second-fiddle to Brazilian Diego Alves, and subsequently spent the second half of last season on loan at Genk.
Antonio Rudiger has penned a five-year deal with Chelsea Chelsea have signed Germany international Antonio Rudiger, the Premier League club have announced.The 24-year-old has penned a five-year deal with the Blues, after leaving Roma for an undisclosed fee. He will wear the number two shirt, left vacant since Branislav Ivanovic’s departure from Stamford Bridge.Rudiger started his career with Stuttgart, playing 80 games before leaving for Roma in the summer of 2015 on a loan deal. The following year the deal was made permanent, and he departs Italy having played 72 games for the Serie A club.Capped by Germany at every youth level from Under-18 to Under-21, Rudiger made his senior debut just before the 2014 World Cup, and has gone on to win 17 caps. He missed Euro 2016 as he tore his anterior cruciate ligament in a training session in June of that year, though he did just feature in Germany’s successful Confederations Cup campaign, starting all but one of their five games.Speaking to the official Chelsea website following confirmation of the deal, Rudiger said: “It’s a great feeling because not every player has the opportunity to join a huge club like this.“I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and I’m very proud to officially become a Chelsea player.”Chelsea are expected to follow up the deal for Rudiger by signing Tiemoue Bakayoko of Monaco in the coming days. 1
Enda McDermott’s early goal in Letterkenny sent Donegal on their way to a semi-final berth in the Lory Meagher Cup after a good win over Fermanagh.Donegal led 1-9 to 1-3 at the break and quickly added a second goal from the excellent Mickey McCann.Donegal went on to win by 3-18 to Fermanagh’s 2-8. Man of the Match: Mickey McCann (Donegal)Scorers — Donegal: E McDermott 2-2, M McCann 1-5, N Campbell 0-7 (1f, 1 ’65’), L Henderson 0-2, S Bole, S McVeigh 0-1 each. Fermanagh: R Bogue 1-3 (1-0pen, 3f), S Corrigan 1-2, D McGarry 0-2, S Curran 0-1f.Donegal — P O’Brien 7; S O’Connor 5, C Breathnach 7, A McDermott 5; J Donnelly 7, C Dowds 6, J Boyle 6; P Sheridan 6, S Boyle 6; S McVeigh 6, E Organ 5, C Mathewson 7; M McCann 8, E McDermott 7, N Campbell 7. Sub: L Henderson 7 for Organ (58).Fermanagh — D McPhillips 4; K Mohan 5, F Bannon 5, C McTeague 6; A Breslin 5, F McBrien 6, D Teague 6; M Slevin 5, R Bogue 7, P Timoney 5, D McGarry 7, S Curran 5; S Corrigan 7, B McGarry 7, S Mulholland 4. Subs: K Kehoe 5 for Timoney (29), D Slevin 4 for C McTeague (h-t), R Porteous 5 for Mulholland (45). Ref — E Hassan (Derry)HURLING: DONEGAL THROUGH TO SEMI-FINAL was last modified: May 2nd, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalDonegal Hurlingletterkenny