Secretary for APNG Philip Rehder said this is to avoid confusing athletes, coaches and observers. “APNG are the authority on the matter of team selections and this is not a multi-sport game where our athletes participate under the umbrella of Team PNG,” said Rehder.This call was backed up by president of APNG, Tony Green, who said both sides of the story must be reported at all times.“Before publishing negative stories about the conduct of sporting events, please get both sides of the story,” said Green.
Marlon Samuels has highlighted that now that his form is back, he intends to take it into the West Indies two-match Twenty20 international series against Sri Lanka, which bowls off today in Pallekele.The stylish batsman, following an abysmal Test series against the Sri Lankans, with scores of 11, 0, 13 and six, improved in the team’s subsequent one-day international series that ended last week.He hit scores of two, 63 and 110 not out, and in the final game of the series was named Man of The Match.The Test and one-day series ended 3-0 in favour of the Sri Lankans.UNFORTUNATE DECISIONS”I got out in the Test series a couple of times as a result of some unfortunate decisions. However, nonetheless, I continued to work hard,” said Samuels.”Sometimes, when you fail a couple of times, you try different things. However, I didn’t, and now that my form is back, I will continue to work hard.”Samuels, the most experienced batsman for the West Indies in the Test and one-day series, is set to be joined in the Twenty20s by the experienced trio of Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and captain, Darren Sammy.This, it is expected, will make the team more competitive and according to Samuels, he is looking forward to playing his role.
“We have a lot of work to do,” said Lim in a text message to INQUIRER on Friday.READ: Perpetual hires Frankie Lim as team consultantFEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkThe four-time NCAA champion coach said was personally approached by University of Perpetual Help System Dalta team owner and chairman Antonio L. Tamayo to join the basketball team as a consultant.“Chairman Tamayo took me in. I started last November 24,” he said. Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Lim has been working diligently with the Altas since his entry, preparing the team with Prince Eze and Keith Pido as the team’s leaders.But the 57-year-old mentor knows that Perpetual needs more pieces to bolster the team going forward.“I know that recruitment will be a challenge for me here,” he said.As for now, Lim is buckling down to work as he will have the Altas compete in the upcoming 2018 PBA D-League Aspirants’ Cup, set to open in January.ADVERTISEMENT Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone MOST READ Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense Frankie Lim. PBA IMAGESFrankie Lim wouldn’t deny that his new job as the team consultant for Perpetual Altas is going to be a huge challenge.Returning to the collegiate scene after leaving the confines of San Beda in 2011, Lim brings in a fresh eyes for the Altas, who missed the Final Four last year with a 4-14 record.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES WATCH: Ateneo Blue Eagles’ Isaac Go on SportsIQ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours View comments Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals
FILE – In this Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017 file photo, Everton’s Wayne Rooney applauds fans during warm up before the English Premier League soccer match between Manchester United and Everton at Old Trafford in Manchester, England. Rooney’s second spell at boyhood English team Everton maybe over after just a year. The former England captain posted a photograph on Twitter of him giving the thumbs-up while apparently sitting on an airplane and bound for the United States it was reported on Thursday, June 28, 2018. (AP Photo/Rui Vieira, File)LIVERPOOL, England — Wayne Rooney’s second spell at boyhood English team Everton maybe over after just a year.The former England captain posted a photograph on Twitter of him giving the thumbs-up while apparently sitting on an airplane and bound for the United States. Alongside the picture was an emoji of the American flag.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award ‘Learning all the time’: Bouchard one win from Wimbledon return Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Bicol riders extend help to Taal evacuees Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Harvey Weinstein rape trial Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Christopher Tolkien, son of Lord of the Rings author, dies aged 95 Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown MOST READ View comments Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding The 32-year-old Rooney has been heavily linked with a move to Major League Soccer team DC United.Rooney left Manchester United in the offseason of 2017 after signing a two-year deal with Everton, where he started his career. However, he wasn’t a regular in the team last season.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownHe is the all-time top scorer for both United and England. He scored 208 goals in the Premier League, second only to Alan Shearer’s 260. Cloudy skies over Luzon due to amihan In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Taal victims get help from Kalayaan town
Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title MOST READ Massive crowd welcomes 2020 at Bangkok’s self-proclaimed Times Square of Asia PLAY LIST 03:07Massive crowd welcomes 2020 at Bangkok’s self-proclaimed Times Square of Asia02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lee is now the youngest foreign player in the club’s 100-year history at 17 years, 327 days. He broke the record that was previously held by Momo Sissoko, who was 18 years old when he made his first league outing in 2003. Lee already made a first when he made Valencia first-team list in October 2018 at the Spanish King’s Cup (Copa del Rey). With that appearance, Lee became the youngest South Korean to debut in European football over Nam Tae-hee, who was 18 years and 36 days old when he first appeared for Valenciennes FC in the French Ligue 1 in 2009.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissLee is also now the fifth South Korean to play in a Spanish La Liga match, followed by Lee Chun-soo (Real Sociedad), Lee Ho-jin (Racing Santander), Park Chu-young (Celta Vigo) and Kim Young-gyu (Almeria).“I’m proud to make my (league) debut here at Mestalla Stadium in front of all the fans who supported us throughout the game,” Lee said through his club after the match. “All the matches that I’ve played with the team are special, and I gave my everything when I got the chance.” LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Lee said he saw that some fans from his homeland were at the stadium when his coaches told him. “I want to thank them because they came all the way from South Korea to see me,” he said. “I tried to give my best out there so that fans could enjoy themselves.”The skillful midfielder’s next goal will be scoring a goal in La Liga and becoming the youngest South Korean to do so in Europe’s top five leagues that include England, Germany, Italy and France. Son Heung-min, currently with English side Tottenham Hotspur, has that record at 18 years, 114 days. The forward scored his German Bundesliga debut goal in 2010, when he was with Hamburger SV.Lee gained attention while appearing on a South Korean reality TV program for football prodigies in 2007 and signed with Valencia’s youth team four years later. He has four goals in seven caps with the South Korean under-20 national team. YonhapADVERTISEMENT Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Champions Caroline Wozniacki, Roger Federer on different ends of spectrum In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Lee Kang-in . YONHAP PHOTOSEOUL — South Korean teenage football prospect Lee Kang-in has become the youngest foreign player in his Spanish club’s history to make a league debut. Lee played in Valencia CF’s 1-1 draw with Real Valladolid as a second half substitute in their Spanish La Liga match at Mestalla Stadium in Valencia on Saturday (local time). He replaced Denis Cheryshev in the 87th minute. ADVERTISEMENT
Residents of Belema and Sawmill communities on Bushrod Island in Monrovia have said they may file a lawsuit against Liberia Cement Company (CEMENCO) for its ongoing demolition exercises if the company refuses to carry out environmental safety procedures.The residents complained that their homes are covered in dust during the demolition of the old factory. However, Mr. James D. Gibson, Jr. told the Daily Observer last week that the demolition at the old CEMENCO factory has not started, pending the result of a bid process for a company the perform the demolition exercise. Gibson also said that the cement production process is done in coordination with Liberia’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and poses no health risks to the community.Mr. C. Brown Dennis, spokesperson of the communities, who spoke to the media after a peaceful protest yesterday at the main entrance of the company, said that they experience flooding during the rainy season “because the new factory which is built in the community often blocked the waterways.”He claimed that the current demolition exercise that CEMENCO is undertaking will pose serious risks to their health.“This peaceful protest is to create awareness by calling the attention of CEMENCO management to the manner in which they are dismantling the old plant; that it could cause us serious health problems. What we want them to do is to stop and hire a professional company; and if they do not stop, we will take legal action against them,” said Dennis.He alleged that the company hired by CEMENCO does not have the equipment to do the work properly and “is not licensed by the government of Liberia through the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).”He claimed that there is a sickness or disease called “asbestosis,” which comes from asbestos, adding that if the sheets are not dismantled properly they will cause lung cancer for residents.“Last week, we met the management of the company and they denied that they were not dismantling the plant and said in fact they do not have asbestos. But interestingly, when you look at the plant, it tells you that they are carrying on the demolition,” he said.He therefore called on the national government and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to intervene so as to save their communities from “environmental calamity.”Meanwhile, officials at CEMENCO contacted refused to comment or address the issue.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
A mother is calling for justice after saying that even though bandits broke into her home and dragged her out of bed by her hair after chopping her son several times, one of the alleged perpetrators has only been charged with armed robbery and no mention was made of the wounding.Bebi AliIt was on August 4, 2019 that gunmen entered the house through a door that was left open and chopped 30-year-old Rene Anthony Juman of Lot 162 Angoy’s Avenue, New Amsterdam, leaving him with a fractured skull and a broken shoulder after he was chopped several times. Four of his front teeth were also knocked out by the bandits.His father, 50-year-old Mohamed Ishmael, was choked during the home invasion. Moreover, Bebi Ali was hit with a crowbar and dragged from her bed after the bedroom door was forcefully opened.Some of the injuries to Rene Anthony JumanOn Wednesday, one of the suspects, Victor Sealey, appeared before Magistrate Renata Singh at the Reliance Magistrate Court and was not required to plea to the charge of robbery under arms.It is alleged that on August 4, at Angoy’s Avenue, he robbed Juman of two silver chains.After the charge was read, Magistrate Singh, seeing the reaction from Ali— who was on her feet as one of the Virtual Complainants— asked her if she had something to say.The woman then revealed that the charge as stated did not represent the statement she and her son had given to the Police.After the court hearing, she told Guyana Times that she needs justice.“I told the Magistrate, ‘No, that is not my story. That he go in our house, chop up my son, break my door’. I don’t know why the Police did not send the statements…”In Court on Wednesday, the woman explained that her son received life threatening injuries. The break and enter charge, she said, came as a surprise given the magnitude of the injuries.Back in August, the family had reported that three cellular phones were on a table when the bandits entered and they did not interfere with them; they only demanded money and jewellery.According to Ali, she had given two statements to the Police and those statements were not in the Police file that the prosecutors had on Wednesday.“My first statement had everything that take place; how they break the door and what happen to my son, beat my husband, knock me and pull me out of the bed from the room by my hair and everything”.The second statement, she explained, included the names of the suspects.According to Ali, she did not provide that information to the Police initially because of fear and the fact that when she was with her son, who was transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital for some time, Ishmael was left alone in the house.“It is after I got him out of the house that I gave the Police the second statement,” she said.Following Ali’s report to the court, the Magistrate said she is of the opinion that something was not right and advised that she contacts the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).Meanwhile, a Police source confirmed that following the arrest of Sealey, a file was prepared and sent to the DPP for advice and he was subsequently charged.Sealey was placed on $100,000 bail and will have to return to Court on November 6.The matter has been transferred the New Amsterdam Magistrate’s Court.
The USA Today reported Tuesday that Major League Baseball attornies will be in Albany, N.Y., today to speak with the district attorney that initiated the initial investigation that brought Matthews’ name to the forefront. Moreno was quoted in Tuesday’s editions of the Arizona Republic sounding like he is just about at wits end. Moreno doesn’t want the team’s fans to be left in the dark and he is unable to provide answers to many of their questions. “It’s very frustrating,” Moreno said. “(Matthews) needs to make a statement to the fans. Our feelings were the best way was to be pro-active and talk to the fans immediately.” Moreno promises some type of resolution before the regular seasons begins, but they clearly are unable to force their will on Matthews, who has hired high-profile attorney Robert Shapiro to defend him. Matthews is following Shapiro’s advice with his no-comment stance. Halo highlights SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. As the Gary Matthews Jr. situation drags on, the Angels front office impatiently waits for some kind of resolution. Owner Arte Moreno is upset, general manager Bill Stoneman is shaking his head and Matthews is keeping quiet. “It’s certainly not an ideal way to start a five-year relationship with a guy,” Stoneman said before Tuesday’s game against the San Francisco Giants. A week ago Matthews’ name surfaced in an investigation of Internet pharmacies accused of illegally selling human growth hormone. A day later, a report on Sports Illustrated’s Web site alleged that Matthews not only had ordered human growth hormone, it said when the order took place and where it was shipped. Bartolo Colon had an eight-minute bullpen session and reported no discomfort. Colon, who had rotator cuff damage last season, was on a mound for the first time since July. Jered Weaver was feeling under the weather, putting his recovery for biceps tendinitis on hold. Scot Shields will pitch in a Cactus League game for the first time on Friday, while Francisco Rodriguez is expected to see his first game action Saturday. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
TRASH: Pickup will be on a regular schedule in Los Angeles, Burbank and Glendale. STORES: Malls and supermarkets will be open. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! GOVERNMENT: Federal, state, county and city offices, courts, libraries and animal shelters will be closed. The U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail. SCHOOLS: Schools will be closed. TRANSIT: Buses and subway services in Los Angeles and Santa Clarita will run on a Sunday schedule. Metrolink trains and Antelope Valley and Ventura County Dial-a-Ride buses will not run. BANKS: Banks, financial markets will be closed.
The gates on Sunday will open at 11am with the show starting at 1pm. You can take the free shuttle from the North Peace arena starting at 11am or park on site for $15 per vehicle. Come out and see the final day of the show.For more details about the show, visit www.fsjairshow.com- Advertisement –